What's new

Open Event: British drift championship round 1 lydden hill this weekend! :)

Japspeed

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.japspeed.co.uk
We thought we would post this from the www.thebritishdriftchampionship.com website as we will be there competing with our cars this weekend!

If some of you are close then why not head down and come and enjoy the spectacle! Be sure to come and say hello to us and the team and take a look at our S15's :)

Details copied from the BDC below :)

"With so much going on in the run up to the opening round of the 2013 Maxxis British Drift Championship it can be easy to overlook a few key details! Please see the below timetable so that you can plan your weekend and make sure you get to the best spectating spots in time for the biggest spectacles!

Thanks to its unique layout Lydden Hill is perfect for spectators with each corner of the judged layout being easily visible from all of the surrounding areas. Saturday will play host to the practice and qualifying sessions, while Sunday shall see the drivers go door to door with each other in the tense twin battles.

Saturday

7.30am- Signing on open for the drivers

9.00am- Semi Pro Practice

9.45am- Pro Practice

10.30am- Super Pro Practice

11am- Semi Pro Practice

11.45am- Pro Practice

12.30am- Super Pro Practice

13.00pm- Lunch

13.30pm- Semi Pro Qualifying

15.00pm- Pro Qualifying

16.30pm- Super Pro Qualifying

18.30pm- Drivers de-brief and results

Sunday-

10.00am- Drivers briefing- Starting with Semi Pro

12.30pm- Parade lap with driver introductions

13.00pm- Semi Pro Top 16

14.30pm- Pro Top 16

16.00pm- Super Pro Top 16

18.00pm- Trophy presentations

Tickets are available on the gate or on the BDC online store here: http://www.thebritishdriftchampionship.co.uk/products-page/

Prices are as follows:

Practice/Qualifying on Saturday : £10
Championship Round on Sunday : £15
Super Weekender Special £20

*Disclaimer- Times can be subject to change without prior notice.​

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I'm there for the whole weekend! 400mile round trip with hotel stay! Can't wait just hoping for good weather!!

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Where you staying sam, im going down from newcastle and staying for weekend.

Im staying at a premier inn dover west. May be there in the 15 too, if i feel like i can withstand the punishment all the way down.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I'm staying in Dover too but not sure on the hotel! My mrs booked it, but think its travel lodge or premier inn so I may see you there! Lol. That's a hell of a trip from Newcastle!!! Dedication. Gonna be such a good weekend!! Buzzing for some drift action!

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Yeah its a long drive thats why im thinking of taking the tow car, solid engine mounts and stiff coilovers are a pain on the motorway.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I'm thinking the same. My GF's car would be much nicer on the journey and cheaper, but there's something about driving my 15 to a drift event that I think has to be done. Even though it will only be parked in a car park! Ha

Also yeah we are in the premier inn!

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Thats spot on sam, im going dien with my brither, givingbthe girlfriend a rest from drifting. Lol.

I had myself convinced i was bringing the tow car, but iv changed my mind and the 15 is cuming down now.

Also formula d is on at 7 oclock onsat night. So im going to get it on obe of the live streams in the bar. Lol.

A full weekend of drifting.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Would of gone to this but hell of a drive!!! Looks like it will be good weekend 18 degrees forecasted.

what channel is formula D on?

Last edited:

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
formula d is on the net jay on a stream, search for formula d live.

im driving from Newcastle dude. its a good drive for me too.

would be nice to meet a few fellow s15ers. although i have decided that the s15 wont be there. just too far to drive in a car that is barely road legal. not worth risk, plus the a8 tow car is just so nice on the motorway its like a magic carpet

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
I know crazy distance! Humm I will have a think about it. Only downside to an s15 so rare no one owns one near you.

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
its quite surprising how many people ask, what is it? although most of them are vag enthusiasts

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
I hate people calling it a skyline! Someone even thought it was a Mitsubishi GTO! Pleb lol. But love how it always gets the looks and people complimenting it

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
a GTO lol. mad, some one did say to me is it a skyline, and all i could think to say was, this is a skylines little brother. haha.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
I never know how to explain what it is to people who don't know them, just say its similar to a skyline in looks lol

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Did you manage to get down jay. I know sam did, iv seen his car. Im here but not in the 15. I couldnt face a 4 hour drive in it. Lol. I need a trailer.

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
Yeah it was horrible, but like you say gona be better today, id like to see lits of smoke please.