What's new

Twin electric cooling fan from a AU falcon setup

S

s15gt

they weigh around the 5-6kg mark and the Ba model is what replaces them as au's are getting quite old. You should be able to order them through a local autoparts store as they are not made in aus! lol

Reaction score
Country
a note to all of you non believers, //Fruitbooter :)// the other day i had to go up through Auckland city, and as you reach the start-stop creeping traffic, i flicked the switch the make one of the fans ran at full speed, as it was a 28C day, this is where the FMIC normally gets warm and the engine power fades as the cold pipe gets just as hot as the hot pipe, until you are moving again and the thing cools down, not this time with just one of the fans going it was enough flow to keep the intercooler cold enough as well, so as to not get hotter air affecting the power.
Never got that with the stock setup.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Your right. I am a non-believer..... You went to the big smoke! :p As I have said the biggest problem with this setup is if you don't have a shroud. If you don't then thermofans are useless.

@ichigo: I guessed the weight to be about 8kg once packed going on the weight s15gt suggested. Through Aus post it would be about A$100 (sea mail). I could try the freight company at work and see what they can do, but I would say it would be at least A$70

Reaction score
Country
Your right. I am a non-believer..... You went to the big smoke! :p As I have said the biggest problem with this setup is if you don't have a shroud. If you don't then thermofans are useless.

@ichigo: I guessed the weight to be about 8kg once packed going on the weight s15gt suggested. Through Aus post it would be about A$100 (sea mail). I could try the freight company at work and see what they can do, but I would say it would be at least A$70
not to sure im with ya there meddler are you talking about the AU fans or general clip on electric fans or me being a redneck in general............... as these fans do have a shroud.

Last edited:

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
It seems I didn't make myself clear, sorry.

When I said the biggest problem with this setup, I mean thermofans that don't have a shroud. Obviously the AU setup comes with the shroud and as you have proven, it works well.

Also I was having a dig at you going into Auckland :p

Reaction score
Country
It seems I didn't make myself clear, sorry.

When I said the biggest problem with this setup, I mean thermofans that don't have a shroud. Obviously the AU setup comes with the shroud and as you have proven, it works well.

Also I was having a dig at you going into Auckland :p
actually you were clear enough, i just cant read proper as when i school i not learn me good.

Reaction score
Country

Cheers for the pricing, don't think that will be a problem at all, let me do some research on e-bay and I might be taking you up on that offer. Cheers mate. Also what's the Auckland thing all about, rednecks :)

Reaction score
Country
Cheers for the pricing, don't think that will be a problem at all, let me do some research on e-bay and I might be taking you up on that offer. Cheers mate. Also what's the Auckland thing all about, rednecks :)
well compared to all of you refined city dwelling people of high edict.........like meddler, i live in the middle of the county side so my S15 collects lots of bugs as you drive around yours probable stay nice and pretty, I hate going to city's and i also brew alcohol beverages but to top it all off i own a banjo and my mother is my sister, well the first few parts are true, the banjo & mother/sister thing i thought i would just throw in there for ****s & giggles

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
LMFAO.... <queue the banjo music!>

well compared to all of you refined city dwelling people of high edict.........like meddler
Damn, you picked me!!! :D