What's new

Oil leak through bolts,

Reaction score
Country
Ive had a oil leak for a while now and have replaced the crank seal twice thinking it was that, but after giving it another degrease i watched it on the first start up since and noticed oil and a few small bubbles coming out from around the bolts. i thought it might of been the where the bolts do up, the gasket just above them but it seams ok, thing is its not just one bolt its several. any idea as to what the cause is? im thinking maybe the engine has been pulled apart and the bolts weren't torqued to the correct setting when putting it back together.

When Nissan built these engines did they use liquid gasket between the block parts and just let it ooze out without cleaning the excess off? as there seams to be alot of this around my engine.

guess i will just remove the bolts one at a time and put a bit of gasket goo around them to seal it up.

Reaction score
Country
am wondering now if it was just a bit of excess reside, i took out the bolt that the arrow points too, sprayed it with degreaser washed it and put it back in, i also checked up inside the bolt hole and the gasket goes all around the bolt..... after letting the car idle for 20min and watching the underside closely i could not see any oil come out so i guess the bolts are out of the question, might just have to drive it for awhile and just keep checking it. i hate oil leaks when you cant find the source