What's new

What lip is this ?

E

EXIGE_GT

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me what lip this is please ?

Ive seen on ebay there is x2 types of similar looking plastic oem style lips.

One is to suit the DC2 type R and tho other is just some soft plastic stripping that you can use on any car ...

This pic looks like the DC2R lip, does anyone know were i can buy or if the DC2R lip fits S15 factory front bar ?

Many Thanks for your tips :)

R

RoDavy

yeah, looks like DC2R lip. It doesn't fit perfectly, its short about 2cms as you wrap it around each side. It would need some modifying to make it sit perfectly, but the actual curve and its pretty spot on to the S15 front bar. Its like a soft plastic, almost rubber like, well the one I had was. I had one but sold it, can't remember how much for, but I got mine from J-Imports.

E

EXIGE_GT

Ive found a new DC2R style plastic lip for $199 ... Is that about the going rate for this part ?

Reaction score
Country
I got that lip, this is it and i didnt pay any of them prices for it,

I got if from the states for €68 all in iirc, its not a genuine honda splitter, but who cares, its not going on a honda anyhow.

edit: ebay i got it from

Last edited:
E

EXIGE_GT

Thankyou, you just saved me $120aud ... I purchased from the US for $85 shipped to my door :)

R

RoDavy

Let me know how you go with it EXIGE-GT, I'd be interested to see how that one you got fits.

Reaction score
Country
^+1 to the link, cant find it on eBay, let us know exige_gt on how it goes with fitting.

W

Will.

anyone have photos of the lip short on each side?

and how would you go about attaching this lip onto your front bar may i ask?

Cheers

Reaction score
Country
Is it true only a JDM dc2r lip will fit? Really considering buying a lip but i just read this on the driftworks site.. USDM ones are a hell of a lot cheaper!

R

RoDavy

I had what I'm pretty sure was a JDM DC2R lip, and it didn't fit all the way around, it was short about 1.5 to 2cms on each side. I don't know if the replicas are better, if they are softer than its possible you should stretch it to fit. I sold mine, I couldn't be stuffed trying to get it to fit, but it did line up pretty well with the front bar, so you could probably just use some sikaflex to attach it.

I'm still interested in how ol mate ^^ above has gone with the one he bought recently.

Reaction score
Country
I got that lip, this is it and i didnt pay any of them prices for it,

I got if from the states for €68 all in iirc, its not a genuine honda splitter, but who cares, its not going on a honda anyhow.

edit: ebay i got it from
^+1 to the link, cant find it on eBay, let us know exige_gt on how it goes with fitting.
anyone have photos of the lip short on each side?

and how would you go about attaching this lip onto your front bar may i ask?

Cheers

Okay folks, had my front bumper off today , so took a few pics off how i fitted it and how short it is on the sides, the pics will speak for themselves.... mostly.

This is how short the sides are, i painted it black where its short, to give the illusion from a glance that its not short!

So, this ia the inside off the bumper on each side i have this much off a gap from the bumper to the lip.. The black spacers are just pieces off timber wrapped with plumbers tape, to stop the water rotting them over time,

And this is the rear off the bumper, on the front section..

This is the side, and how its spaced.. Also, if your wondering, the lip is screwed up from the bottom off the lip to the bumper, easy!

Hope this helps, feel free to ask more questions... i hope im clear on what ive said above, but in any case if you had the lip and bumper infront off you , it would all become very clear..

And this is the reason i had my bumper off in the first place today...... Aero bumper restoration!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is my dc2 lip;

I cut it in the centre, fitted it at the sides first with tiger seal which left an inch cap in the centre and i filled it, hasnt cracked yet luckily enough

P

pffft

This is my lip. When it came, it was way too long and had to trim it to fit it. Looks so much better when the sides are the right length