What's new

HKS EVC6 Boost Controller

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can anyone here who has experience with these lend me a hand (Craig you had one right?).
I recently fitted mine and turned it on, went through the settings as per the manual, and i set the boost to 0.7Bar, actuator pressure being about 0.62Bar. But then when i drive it i get a peak reading of about 11.7Bar. I tried turning the Offset/Gain down and got it to read a peak of about 0.93Bar. At the moment i am having to drive around with it turned off on actuator pressure which is quite annoying.
Anyone got any experience or advice to do with this?

Thanks

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Only just seen this thread Tom. Do you have the manual in English? I didn't have any trouble setting mine up but decided it was a bit too much for what I needed, so sold it and got the EVC-S which is also brilliant but without the parts of the EVC6 that I would have never used.

I did have a faff with the EVC-S though when I first installed it due to the instructions being unclear IMO. Basically, one of the values (measured in KPA) which I thought was the target boost, turned out to be the boost level at which the EVC takes over control. It kept overboosting and I also had to drive around with it off for several weeks until I finally worked out what was up with it. But I don't think the EVC6 had the same issue..

Sorry I can't be of much help here. Boost controllers are not fun to set up as I'm sure you know! Especially when you go out on a cold day and they keep overboosting!

B

Blackstar

hi guys i am also installing the same evc and got a little bit confused on where to tap the middle outlet 'I' as i dont have any nipple between the turbo up to the throttle body. can i tap it into the top of my blow off valve? cheers