What's new

S15 Front Mount Intercooler - best value for money?

Reaction score
Country
Waiting on my S15 to arrive from japan so gathering some parts for her, ready to fit!

What do you guys suggest (from personal experience i hope) is the best value for money Intercooler. I was looking at the Trust/Greddy Spec-LS from RHDJapan, to add to my current order from them, but the postage is ridiculous when i add it to my basket.

Also, it is to fit behind my Aero Front Bar

Thank you in advance :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I would suggest the autobahn88 fmic kit if you don't want to cut your bumper,I have this and is very good .
I am pretty sure craig has this on his car with aero front and didn't have to cut the bumper
They retail about £270 I think

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
a cheap option is to just get a core size and some custom piping made up to suit the boost you want to run, where as the cheap kits usually give a way too bigger core and a way too big hot pipe and even a cold pipe that's giving you more lag (personal experience whats in my S15 at the mo ), along with cheap clamps and silicone that just break or crack.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'd advise the Autobahn88 too. Apex is cheaper but the fitment is poor and the core is not as efficient as the Autobahn.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the advice guys. do any of you have a link where you purchased/where you can purchase one, as their main website seems to be not working :down:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
why don't you have a look at intercoolers that mount just infront of your radiator. It has significantly shorter pipe lengths, the only down side is you may have to run thermofans as the radiator sits further back. I didn't realise that people had done this when I bought my intercooler kit otherwise I would have done it this way.

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=362375&st=240&p=6060545&#entry6060545. Have a look at post #248 and you will see what I mean.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
nah, you just jam it in there. :)

I am sure with enough thought and planning you should be able to keep your A/C as well. It might just mean that the A/C condenser is in front of the intercooler

B9NKO

Reaction score
I Would be very careful ordering from jperformance as my brother ordered the autobahn88 intercooler from them, and they sent their own copy of it instead, he tried to get his money back for 3 months and they wouldn't even reply to his emails in the end! he had to keep the cheap copy one in the end!!

Reaction score
Country
Also got an autobahn88 fmic good fitment although literally only just installed last weekend and still haven't drove the car, also ordered mine from jperformance and they sent me a copy of there own core, finally got the autobahn one off them although they still haven't picked up the one they originally sent (Y) didn't have to cut my bumper and also didn't get in the way of my hoses offs oil cooler, which I have mounted to the opposite side of the original wing mount.

Reaction score
Country
It was a close one but I've ended up going with the HDI Hybrid GT2 Fmic. Impressed with the internal design of the core and looks to be really good quality. From what I've read they are a good fit, like the autobahn88's.

I will do a write up when I fit it for future s15oc reference

I bet it will arrive before my actual S15 arrives from japan! Haha. I can't wait

Reaction score
Country
It's a 2001 Spec-R Aero (minus rear spoiler) with Aero Front Bar Bumper , in white.
fairly stock engine wise, even still has the oem airbox :thumbs:
Has a few little additions, aftermarket suspension, kakimoto Regu 96-R cat-back, 18" Advan's.

parts pile has started to grow for it already :nod: