What's new

Fuel filter

S

S15 SILVIA

Hi all. Going to give the car a full service soon, and wondered what fuel filter do people use, obviously there is the standard one, but is it true the Z32 filter fits, and flows better?
Also, know there is thread after thread on this, but what engine and gearbox oil do you use or recommend? What is the quantity recommended for the gearbox? Is it 1.5l, and 2l if you want to 'overfill' it?
Cheers Mike

Reaction score
Country
Engine oil i use Titan Race Pro S, 5W-40.... get a 5l bottle and you'l have some spare for if you spill any or whatever
Gearbox.. Redline MT-90 not sure what rating it is, but i got recommended it by several people and feels really REALLY smoothe when you overfill it. 2 litres is loads enough to overfil with. just max it out from underneath the car, then jump inside and top up through the gear stick as shown in one of the how-to's on here..
http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?8010-How-To-Overfill-The-Gearbox&highlight=gearbox

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The Z32 filter has the same size end fittings but the filter is physically bigger IIRC and doesn't mount in the bracket as neatly. It's not worth bothering with IMO unless your running silly power and need lots of flow. In which case I'd probably go for twin filters instead!

:)