What's new

Gear box and diff Oil and brake fulid

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
hey guys i need to get all the oils and fulids changed which make and how much do i need for the changes??
i wanna get all the oils changed all at once
engine oil iam gonna use what i used b4 which is Silkolene PRO S 10w-50
but duno about the gear box and diff as ive never done it b4....and with the brake fulid what is standard dot 3 or 4....what should i replace it with?
where can i get briaded hose for the brakes?? are they the same as S14A ones?? thanks

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
You will get braided hoses from Apex, ask for longer ones for the........... em.... i cant remember if its front or rear, i'll get back to you.

As for gearbox and diff oils, Nicely recomended ............Where is he when you need him :rolleyes:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I got braided brake hoses from Driftworks.
They have S15 specific items. Fitted perfectly.

I used Motul Gear300 for the gearbox. It's smoother now compared to before.
Also have som Motul 90PA waiting to go inside the diff. But when I bought my last set of oils the seller said that there was another oil from Motul just released for the diff.
Don't remember the name. But it was very expensive (about twice the price of the 90PA).

If you're thinking about changing brake hoses. You should need some new brake oil too.
I bought Motul RBF600 which came highly recommended from people doing trackdays here in Sweden. :thumbs:

Only Motul? Me? Biased? Nooooooo :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If you read the SXOC engine oil testing thread, you'll see that it doesn't make a vast amount of ifference which oil you use so long as it meets the appropriate fully syth standard. Silkolene is a waste of money IMO. I'm currently using Halfrauds Motorsport fully synth.

I use Redline Shockproof heavy in the diff and Shockproof Lightweight in the gearbox.

As for brakes. Fit braided lines and change the fluid to DOT 5.1. Fit 300ZX conversion hoses for the front. They are longer than the standard S14 hoses you will get.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
sushiming said:
but how much gear oil will i need to refill it up??
2L will be enough (Think it's 1.8L) unless you want to overfill it. I overfileld it a little bit and put 2L in it and it runs like a charm :)