What's new

more problems :(

Reaction score
Country
finally got my car back after being in the garage for nearly 2months.

drove the car today only up the road and its starting to loose power even when putting my foot on the throttle, i stopped then the whole car turned off. it then took ages to start then died again even when i was trying to rev it. finally got the car home and it stayed on idle but then wouldnt rev above 2k. i changed the exhaust so cant work out weither the engine sounds different or not. im starting to lose all love for my car as ive had it 7months and im yet to have it running properly!

also it feel like its over boosting when it was working properly, it was mapped at 1.3bar but ive had the actuator changed as the original failed. but now when its boosting at 1.3bar it feels as if it not holding and sounds as if the exhaust is back firing :( if you dont plant you foot it boosts fine but as soon as it touchs 1.3bar it does it. i try to change the boost setting on my gizzmo controller but it does anything?

can anyone help? if not im properly just going to break it for parts.

thanks

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
have you had the plugs changed recently?when i picked up my car they put the wrong plugs in it and it did exactly as your saying,may not be cold enough plugs to run the boost your on just something to check...

M

martinbattye

been in the garage?? so you drove it there fine and now its ****ed??

where abouts are you? in n hampton

Reaction score
Country
have you had the plugs changed recently?when i picked up my car they put the wrong plugs in it and it did exactly as your saying,may not be cold enough plugs to run the boost your on just something to check...
im going to check that this saturday, im going to change them anyways and see if that helps tbh. thanks mate

Reaction score
Country
been in the garage?? so you drove it there fine and now its ****ed??

where abouts are you? in n hampton
well it was playing up before it went in mate. but its got worse :( im hoping its just a coil pack maybe?

im near ketting mate, about 10mins from there. your from northampton?

Jay

Reaction score
check the afm for crud on the filament, or maybe o2 sensor? doesnt sound like coilpack to me, your car would sound like a scoob if a coilpack has failed. your issues as described point to fueling, hence afm or o2 sensor as they would both mess with fuel/air ratios.

Reaction score
Country
Dont give up mate. I've been so tempted so many times to break mine... but i just cant bring myself to it. Mines been broken the whole time i've owned it!! (2 years) haha. but very shortly it'l be running sweet. Just stick with it mate :)

(but if you do break it, i'l take some parts off your hands hahahaha)