What's new

Insurance Repair Opinions/Advice

Reaction score
Well I seem to be having some problems with the garage who are doing the repair to my car through the insurance so i'm looking for help from S15OC!

I'll try to keep this relatively short.

Back in April of this year I had a little front end knock with another car which resulted in my bumper, crash bar, driver's headlight, bonnet and some other little brackets etc that needed replacing.

Rang up my insurance and told them all about it then they booked me in with said garage to arrange for them to see what needed repairing/replacing.

About a week went by and still no word from the garage. Not an update on what's happening or anything so I rang them up to get some info from them and was told that someone would call me back. No one did so I had to call them again and was told they are having trouble sourcing the parts.

Anyway this went on for months, no commincation from them letting me know what is going on.

Anyway they said they had ordered the nissan parts but were having trouble sourcing my bumper so I told them where they would be able to get one (RHD Japan).

Fast forward a month or two and they said that they've got everything ordered so they booked me in. They picked up the car and dropped off my courtesy car. Then they called me 4 days later to say they they need to order more parts so I had to have my car back still with a smashed bumper etc. The only thing that they had actually done in the whole week was fit a new headlight (which they didnt even plug one of the connectors for the light back in). :mad:

They called me about 3 weeks later saying they've got all the parts back in so booked me in again. I got the car back last week and the bumper is a crap ccopy from EP Racing. :/ I'm not happy to say the least. I called them up and told them that it didnt fit right and a few other little things that were wrong (fisheyes on my bonnet).:censored:

Spoke to the manager and he states that this is the only place where they could get the bumper from (which is balls because I told them where to get it and they didnt) and also stated that the bumper cost over £300 (which it doesnt because i'm checked their site and it's £195.00. I also checked my invoice and they've got down that the bumper cost £497.15!

The car is booked back in Tuesday as I need to give them a chance to rectify the problem according to my insurance but I think it'll still look crap as he even said there isn't much more they can do with it (hisbodyshop worked on it for a whole day apparently).

So i'm after your opinion S15OC.

Here are some photos:

Sorry it's a bit long winded everyone but I would value your opinion. Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes!

My browser just crashed :( worst thing to happen after you've wrote a massive post! Luckily it started working again. Phew :)

Thanks.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
don't accept it until your happy. Most insurance companies do it on the cheap and hope that you will just accept it. Don't give in.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Looks like the bodyshop invoiced your insurer for genuine stuff and fitted the cheapest they could get. They are trying to defraud your insurer and if they don't sort it out then I'd make them aware of what the garage is up to...

Reaction score
They took the car back on Wednesday and i'm supposed to get it back tomorrow so i'll see how they've got on.

Exactly what I thought Dean. I asked their manager about it and he said that the invoice I have must be an estimate?! an estimate after they've completed the work, funny that. He's still adamant that the bumper cost over £300 from EP Racing which is clearly a lie! You can pick up a genuine one for £295.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I would not have that mate,if your was genuine the new one should be genuine too. What's the point in paying insurance if your car is not put back exactly how it was when things like this happen!
Not being funny but the fit on my 120 front bumper is better than that,hope they sort this out for you buddy

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tbh It's never going to fit right but I have to give them a chance to rectify it apparently so.

As far as i'm aware my bumper was an original. Can anyone confirm if the URAS bumpers have any markings or anything?

I gave the garage some photos of the car pre-accident so they could get it right. They're meant to be calling me back today so i'll let you guys know.

I'm just pissed that it's gone on for so long and they still can't get it right. Useless isn't the word...

S

S15 SILVIA

Dare I ask who your insurance company is?
That is poor. If you have a like for like policy, that's what it should be. Obviously if certain parts arnt made anymore this isn't possible, but they should at least give you an option then, not just fit the cheapest easiest thing they can get hold of.

Reaction score
It isn't the insurance company really, it's the useless garage, which is Nationwide Crash Repair in Middlesbrough so if anyone ever gets told to use them, don't. Not sure if other garages in the chain will be as crap.:mad: