What's new

Headlight cleaning

drifter

Reaction score
Country
What are people using to clean there headlights? Never had much of an issue with the S14a as they were glass, but the S15 plastic lenses always look foggy.

Any tips would be appreciated as it's annoying me :D

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I use t-cut and finish with something like super resin polish.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Or if you look on eBay there are lots of plastic polishes available.

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I've ordered the Mequires kit on ebay, hopefully I'll have it by the weekend so I can post up what it's like :D

Reaction score
Country
The very best way to polish your lenses is to use a rotary or DA polisher and a fine polish such as Menzerna (85ED) or 3M (Ultrafina), both with some care (so as not to burn the plastic) will give you a like new finish, but it's not really for the inexperienced, otherwise as everyone above had said you'll have to polish it by hand and probably best with a dedicated plastic polish unless you use a machine polisher, with a machine polisher you would typically use a fine paint detailing polish such as the above.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Machine polisher, G10 with a squirt of water and a bit of patience, came up like new! Also used polish after. When i'm out of G10 i'll be using the 3M ultrafina as mentioned above, good stuff from what ive seen

Reaction score
Country
The 3M stuff is great, have been using Menzerna polish and Lake Country, Menzerna pads, but have now changed over the 3M polish (using all 3) and the 3M pads, the pads especialy are top draw compared to the others.

Sorry for spamming the thread :)

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Got the Meguires kit with a Plastx polish and pad etc. Worked well, easy to use, but not quite hard enough to get some of the bigger marks. Having said that all the misty patches have gone and the lights now look mega.