What's new

@#$#@_ing ORC clutch.... :(

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Greetings,

I've been a bit quiet recently due to having to sell all the cars as a result of lack of wife understanding. Fortunatley (to some extent) I agreed to help the guy working on my old S15 (SpecS Auto).

Been having a nightmare with the ORC clutch I got from ebay in terms of finding the right Throw Out Bearing and Carrier...

Finally got what was recommended from ORC and still clutch doesn't want to hold, behaves like foot is on the pedal all the time.

Anyone else have a similar issue or can suggest a workaround?

It is driving me nuts!

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
RHD japan should have all the right part numbers! i had to order a few bits for mine when it went.

Have you got the 409? if so there are 4 different types, 2 for 5 speed 2 for 6 speed and also there is a loud (with rattle) or a quiet (reduced rattle).

You need the correct carrier, Have you looked at the ORC catalogue?

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Problem has been in identifying the clutch due to lack of part number and the fact I bought it used a while back :( :( I tried a number of people to get the right part. Most recently I am using a shorter carrier from some old datsun pickup and a smaller TOB... it was recommended by a number of folks with the same clutch but still no go...

getting tired of taking the engine out over and over again to get try new bearing/carrier combos :)