What's new

Urgent!!!! Car wont start!?!?!

Reaction score
Country
Ok so ive just swapped the manifold over for a new shiny one, and now my engine wont start?!

So far i've checked the spark plugs (theyre sparking fine, but getting covered in fuel every time i try to start it, so the intectors are working too lol)

i've check every electrical connection i can find in the engine, and all appear to be fine, i've checked the AFM, its not the battery as i've connected another car up to try that.. it was quite damp yesterday when i did the mani, but its been drying all day today and soaked everything in WD40 to help clear any moisture, starter motor is ticking over and attempting to start my engine.. so. again, WHY WONT MY CAR START?!??!

need to get this fixed asap as i've got a 400mile drive to do today haha..

thanks!!!! (if you have my number text me, if you dont, i'l be monitoring this,
thanks

edit - could it be that my turbo has jammed stuck for some reason stopping airflow into the engine? and is it possible to test this as a way round without removing the manifold again (which took a century)

Reaction score
Country
Mine ran ropey when I changed my manifold, the auto choke was on permanently! I reset the ECU by disconnecting it for 10 minutes. Then it worked fine :) other than that I can't see what it could be. Just ensure all your boost pipes are connected properly, Inc the solenoid ones!

Reaction score
Country
where abouts on the ecu did you disconnect? are you using the standard one? and wont disconnecting the battery do the same job?

Reaction score
Country
Yeh just disconnect the battery.
i've disconnected the battery and the ECU, just giving it a few mins to empty itself before i connect it back up.. i'l' report back..

edit - nah, didnt work. any more ideas? i'm clutching at straws here.. :/

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Is it turning over just not getting a spark? Have you checked all the ground wires to the manifold and coils on the back of the head?

Reaction score
Country
its turning over AND sparking, and its fuelling. pulled one of the spark plugs out to check and its sparking, and theyre getting soaked in fuel, so its not them.. cant figure it out.. afm is clean, but is air getting stuck somewhere? could the turbo be stuck? is that even possible? :s

Reaction score
Country
UPDATE - i spoke to a guy who knows the 14a inside out, and reckons that because i got curious and fiddled with the crank sensor, i've turned that so that its the wrong way round, so now i need to reset the timing, please click the following link with your ideas, i've created a seperate thread as this is a problem that other people may have and may find useful. so please, click and give me answers!!!! hahahaha thanks..

http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?9618-Manually-setting-the-timing!

Reaction score
Country
Ok, so i've done the timing as per the guide shown above, and well, no joy. this has exhausted mine and everyone else i've spoken to's knowledge.. so. its time to get it to the local garage.. in the meantime i'm driving a Beige 2011 Citroen C3... thanks EuropCar, thanks. :(