What's new

Crank Pulley slight damage, will this affect the balance?

Reaction score
Country
The car started to leak from the front crank seal, so it got replaced as you do, but in the process my helpfull brother who "has done the heaps of times before", said he would remove the crank pulley so i let him.
In the process with his cheap and nasty puller he managed to snap of several tabs on the pulley, as the stupid puller didn't reach right around to the back properly.

Maybe im just being pedantic but would anyone know if this slight loss in weight affect the harmonic balance of the puller?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I would say yes, but how much I am not sure. Do you feel any increased vibrations? I am sure you would be fine to leave it.

Reaction score
Country
i went for a drive last night and slowly brought it up through the rev range off load and on load, could not feel any new vibrations. I will be on the lookout for another one or maybe a GFB's one some time

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I think replacing it would be the best idea. If you did do more damage than you think, the last thing you need is for it to let go.

Reaction score
Country
Got the same problem... :(
Can't find a replacement and the ligthweigth are not damped/balanced, so not really keen on that option
I got one big chunk out of one side...
Any ideas on this subject??