What's new

safe to fit an fmic?

Reaction score
Country
hello there!

I have a question to all you guys out there that knows more about the s15 then i do.
i recently bought myself a s15 spec r, with a pretty much unscrewed engine.
now to my question:
i have a front mounted intercooler laying in the garage waiting to get installed. but im not sure if its safe at the moment to attach it.
the things that i have changed in the enginebay so far is:
* apexi airfilter
* high capacity oil pan
* greddy 16 row oilcooler
so is it OK to fit the fmic without having to worry about the engines health?

Reaction score
Country
yes, your engines health changes will simply be introducing a bit more lag, and reduce the stock rad cooling ability. but plenty of people still use the stock rad with a FMIC no problems, and since you have a oil cooler i dont think it will be a issue. have you got a good exhaust like a 3" turbo back? as FMIC isn't going to do alot with the boost will still be around .6 - .7 bar.

Reaction score
Country
thank you for the answer :)
im affraid i have to ask you to explain for me what "rad" is? i have never heard that word before :/

i have a HKS catback system (forgot to write that in the first post) but still have the cat and the original midpipe and downpipe on

Reaction score
Country
a FMIC depending on what size core and piping used wont do heaps intill you are making .9 bar and higher boost,

Reaction score
Country
ah allright. thats actually obvious now when you told me Adam L :p i blame it on the time, i must be tired haha

so i could install my fmic right away without destroying the engine. but right now i dont have the optimal exhaust system so i might not feel any improvments until i fix that.. right?
but if i can istall the fmic asap it wont take up any space in the garage anymore. so that would be nice :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
you def wont destroy your engine chuck it in if you want, you might gain a little bit in boost with it, as the stock ones flow capability is very very restricted.