What's new

issues with ABS activation

Reaction score
Ever since ive owned my current s15, ive been having issues with ABS. Almost every single time i brake, ABS activates (wet or dry/brakes warmed up or cold). Ive been trying to diagnose this problem, but cant figure it out at all.

One distinctive characteristic is that the pedal seems very stiff. This is currently my second s15, so im aware how stiff the pedal should be, so something is definitely off.

I have a tubular manifold, which sits really close to the ABS unit, so i wrapped it to reduce heat although it didnt mitigate the problem at all.

As for the brake pads, they have plenty of meat left, but im not sure what kind of pads they are, especially the heat range theyre suitable for.

Can someone point my in the right direction, as to what i should check out or replace?

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
It sounds like the abs sensor is the problem. not exactly sure how the s15 abs works but have had similar on a couple of peugeots we own. With them it was either the sensor needing replaced or the abs ring ( don't think the s15 uses a ring tho so probably the sensor )

Reaction score
QUOTE=japmadlad;105179]It sounds like the abs sensor is the problem. not exactly sure how the s15 abs works but have had similar on a couple of peugeots we own. With them it was either the sensor needing replaced or the abs ring ( don't think the s15 uses a ring tho so probably the sensor )[/QUOTE]

Thanks, ill check it out.

Related question, but upon reading the service manual, the front ABS sensors mounted on the hub seem to require a press to install it. Can anyone confirm this? I feel like the abs sensor can slip right off after removing the bolt securing it. I rather not force the sensor off, if theres a potential of damaging the sensor, especially if theres actually nothing wrong with it to begin with