What's new

Rough running and creeky FR corner

I

indeigeoff

Hi there,
Just coming up to a year since I got my car and its been great, however a couple of problems have arrisen which I'm not sure about.

Firstly occasionally the car willl run on three cylinders on start up, this can be anything from a few seconds to a few minites. It is also hesitating above about 5.5kish and I am wondering if these are related and are just a case of getting some replacement coilpacks or could it be anything else?

second problem is the front right suspention is very creeky, when it first started I noticed the tie rod bush had gone so thought that this was the problem as it was on a previous car I had. However after getting it changed it still creaks very loudly so you can hear it both inside and outside the car. It appeares to happen more at lower speed but any ideas on what to check would be great.

Thanks Geoff

Reaction score
Country
first problem, try swaping around a coil pack one at a time and see if the problem follows it, if so then replace the coilpack.
second problem, can you see any fluid leaking from the shock? or try to coat every bush with something like WD40 and if it stops squeaking if even just for a few hours you will know its at least not the shock.

A

adcs15

in regards to your suspension, have you checked the spring is seated correctly, i have coilovers and sometimes when it has been jacked up it can happen, sounds creaky when it has

I

indeigeoff

right so finally got around to having a look, have sprayed everything but still creaking. The coilovers are 3 year old driftworks cs2 and are set pretty hard, in the year I have had the car I have not been able to adjust the fronts at all, will have a look at the spring to see if it is sat correctly.
the rough running looks like a coilpack though as it will be fine for a while then will start misbehaving so think I will just swap them out, as far as I'm aware they are original and have done over 90k
Thanks for your replies
geoff

Reaction score
Country
coilovers do where out quicker then factory suspension, if the creaky sounds like a sort of woohoo, which is more noticeable on slow bumps then it just needs a rebuild,