What's new

Speedometer stopped working

Reaction score
Country
My speedometer just died on me :(. Everything on the cluster still works including my odometer. I can still get a speed readout on my pfc hand controller. Havent had a de-limiter of any kind installed according to my mechanic (no spliced wires)

Any input would be great guys.

Reaction score
Country
if the odo is still counting, you might have to look at replacing the cluster, it could be fixable but if the fault is in the cluster itself you will be hard pushed to fix it. Good excuse to put in a nismo one with the higher speed reading

Reaction score
Is the abs light on??

Abs and speed sensor are on same circuit could be abs fuse in box by throttle.

I noticed my speedo stops working when I remove fuse for drift days, car tries to kill you otherwise as when you spin abs kicks in and you hit whatever is behind :(

Reaction score
Country
The fuse is ok. And the abs light is on when key is in on position. Guess its time to order a nismo cluster... When i have the money :D Much appreciated guys

Reaction score
Abs light shouldn't be on when car is running.

Check speed sensor in diff then. It's near the front of it, abs and speedo run off this!

Reaction score
Country
in the mean time until you get a cluster or fix the problem providing as mentioned above its not the speed sensor on the diff, I would just get a el cheepo speed reading device and splice it into the speedo wire coming from the ecu, think its white with a purple stripe and is something like pin 34 or 36??. D1 spec make little speed reading devices which work more accurately then the cluster and are cheap & easy to install.