What's new

Crank Sensor - Anyone got access to the Service manual

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Anyone got access to the S15 Service Manual at the moment (I cant access from work...)

Need to know if there is a Crank sensor, as well as the CAS?

Cheers
Topp :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
S14 sr20det had a crank sensor in the bell housing of the box that read off the back of the crank - s14a and s15 don't have it so I assume we don't have one, there are no sensors around the flywheel or harmonic balancer and the cam angle reading is directly related to crank angle so I don't think we have one mate...

M

martinbattye

S14 sr20det had a crank sensor in the bell housing of the box that read off the back of the crank - s14a and s15 don't have it so I assume we don't have one, there are no sensors around the flywheel or harmonic balancer and the cam angle reading is directly related to crank angle so I don't think we have onemate...
no they dont..

all the variants of the turbo sr have and share the exact same sensor..

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
The cam angle sensor??? I came across the crank angle sensor in the bellhousing when researching gearbox conversions.... Apparently the s14 had this and it was deleted on subsequent models...

M

martinbattye

nope. Afraid not. the Nissan ECCS system relies solely upon the 360 opto cam angle sensor with widest slot for a home signal. There has never been a crank sensor on any sr. Even all the fwd ones and pulsar use distributor with the 360 wheel in. Please share where you learned this? Or is it hearsay

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
It's not hearsay, I came across it on various sites... I've searched again and dug a little deeper... Turns out the sites are all talking about ka24de when they mention the s14 :rolleyes: my bad...