What's new

Help on new engine from rhdrivejapan

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cheers dean. Noted. Think it will be a garage job then as don't really have the tools for that.... Central heating yes but think this is a little out my league
If you do it bit by bit it's not that bad at all. At the end of the day it's just a few nuts and bolts, nothing particually difficult :)

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
You do know if you were to buy the full Tomie engine it will be that total price shipped from rhdjapan and then 20% vat :wack:
I would see what the issue is first with your engine but if you spend that much cash on a full Tomie engine to then go and stick the stock turbo on that sort of defeats the purpose of spending that much cash dude, might want to consider forging it if you really in the end up want to do a full overhall :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
If you do it bit by bit it's not that bad at all. At the end of the day it's just a few nuts and bolts, nothing particually difficult :)
exactly. I've come to learn that there's no fine art to working on cars, a mechanic has two hands an a brain like anyone else except they have experience and you won't get any all the time you give all the jobs to them ;)

Reaction score
Country
exactly. I've come to learn that there's no fine art to working on cars, a mechanic has two hands an a brain like anyone else except they have experience and you won't get any all the time you give all the jobs to them ;)
I managed to do it by myself and i'm by no means an expert! haha.I just learn as i go along! Just set aside a nice dry day, make sure you've got a full set of spanners & sockets up to 19mm, new gaskets, and your new oil & coolant hoses! and jobs a good one! Easiest way i found was to unbolt the front of the cat, and unbolt the manifold, and then jiggle it out through the engine, undo-ing coolant/oil lines as i could reach them! did it on my driveway without much hassle :) oh, you'l need a buddy too as its quite heavy/awkward to jiggle out (dont forget to unclip the o2 sensor!)