What's new

car wont start!!

Reaction score
Country
hi, went to start ny car after work and for some reason it wouldnt tick over? all the lights and everything come on.the dash but as soon as you try to start it nothing happens. you can bump the car and its fine but then sometimes turns itself. could it be the starter motor? need help asap :-(

Reaction score
Country
ive had the exact same problem mate mine randomly doesnt want to start now and again.havent a clue what it is

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Normally a knackered starter still clicks but won't start,sometimes they do die completely though,I would check the Ignition switch, wiring, solenoid and starter motor they are the main things to check

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
Have you got any gauges? I had this afew times after I installed my oil temp. Taped over the connections behind the stereo and all has be good. Never done it before the gauge either. Worth a look?

sx-si

Reaction score
i had a simerler issue on my old s14a, it turned out the slim vally redtop battery, had died
light light up fine, and wonce it was started via booster pack it was fine but leave it a hour and wouldnt turn over

im quite sure you would hear what id descrive as an electrical click, but no turning over of the starter
hope thats some help

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Or maybe something to do with your immobiliser..

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Hmm, probably not actually! Depends whaich system it immobilises though I guess. Checking for voltage at the starter motor will be your next step.

Reaction score
If it bump starts but wont start on its own it sounds like battery. Have you tried another battery or put a voltage meter on the existing one?

Reaction score
Country
right ive tested the battery and its fine. it starts sometimes every now and again.

rekon it could be the coilpack? maybe that would explain why it feels like its holding back sometimes?