What's new

Turbo wastegate actuator arm problem, it looks bent!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Hi guys I took my manifold heatshield off today as it was rattling! And ummm my wastegate actuator arm looks bent and the turbo butterfly swivel arm looks welded onto the housing. It can't be like this right.
Here are some pics with crappy phone.

I can adjust the boost and it boosts well but why would this be done?????

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
If there is a blob of weld then the previous owner of the car or turbo must of run an external wastegate - the pics are pretty rubbish to be honest mate, got any more? T28 actuator arms have got a controlled bend in them as standard btw ;)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
That could just be the sleeve where it's tacked to the housing, the spindle is inside it. The arm should be like that...

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
When the car is cold - try to open the butterfly with your hand by moving the actuator arm - if it has enough movement - around 1.5-2cm then it should be fine - if its stuck solid then its questionable.

Joeh

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Dean you are right!! Phew! Thanks guys, it moved a centermetre or so! Being new to sr20's it's hard to know what's what. Thanks again. Matter CLOSED!

Reaction score
Country
I like to have input. So heres mine. I've got my turbo on the floor next to me, and mine is exactly the same as yours. its all good mate :)