What's new

overheating?

Reaction score
Country
went drift what ya brung yesterday and my car kept over heating really quickly, sometimes the water and oil were getting 120 degrees without me knowing.

is this normal?

Reaction score
Country
I dont know whats in your car but without a oil cooler and a upgraded rad, and having a FMIC reducing the cooling to the rad, yes

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
120'c water? Thats no good! You're going to crack a cylinder head or ruin your head-gasket like that!

Do you have electric fans? Do you have any fan cowling/anything to direct airflow ? What is your current setup for Intercooler / Radiator / Oil Cooler - how are they positioned?

Joeh

Reaction score
Country
Are you running standard intercooler, piping, CAI, radiator?

You don't really need to run an Oil Cooler.

If you don't have a FMIC, I'd be looking into that, and also a decent radiator.

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Oil at 120 is fine. Were you on the big track or the lil fig 8 pens? If you were not on the big track then you were overheating because your not getting enough air into the car. What size rad is in the car?

Reaction score
Country
i had upgraded intercooer, radiator, oil cooler and had the same issues. use good engine oil, put in a thermostat should help.
And i changed my clutch fan to a 7-8 shroud (i think) r33 one. that solved my problem totally.

Reaction score
Country
you can also change the ratio of the coolent mix this will help a couple of degrees, mixing at 50/50 is good for the cold winters but 70/30 is better for the summer as more water in the mix the better the cooling capability