What's new

18" Works Meister S1 on S15

SR2O

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I?m looking at purchasing a set of 18? 'Works Meister S1? rims for my ?99 S15 Silvia, however I am unsure as to what sizes/offsets would be best suited. I do not want to negatively compromise the handling and/or steering of the S15. Here is a pic for reference:

According to S15 Owners Club the standard S15 rims are 16 x 6.5 with a +45 offset (http://forum.s15oc.com/viewtopic.php?t=576) The same thread has a number of recommendations supposedly made by manufacturers such as Works, Rays, Nismo and so forth. According to the thread these are the recommendations made by Work:

18 7.5 +32 Recommended by Work
18 7.5 +35 Recommended by Work
18 8.5 +45 Rear Recommended by Work

JDM Concept the official Works distributor in Australia has the following recommendation for Meister S1?s on the S15:

5 X 114.3, 18 X 8.5 - OFFSET +30 (A DISK)
5 X 114.3, 18 X 9.5 - OFFSET +35 (O DISK)

Do these sizes sound correct? From what I?ve read the guards of the S15 need to be flared in order to accommodate 8.5? wide rims, yet they list both 8.5? and 9.5?.

Later down the track I am looking to purchase a Vertex Ridge widebody kit, and I?m not sure as to how much it flares the guards. I don?t want rims that are going to look out of place and sit too far in/out of the guards. I am not willing to use spacers.

What are people opinions on sizes (width) and offset for 18? rims on the S15 keeping in mind that I want to minimize loss of handling and/or steering as much as possible with 18? rims? Sorry for the long first post and thanks in advance!

S

silviac

Ah ha~~~

As far as width and size is concerned, there is unaovidable tyre size which will determine the last juice setup

Calculalting offset is fairly simple if you understand the principle so maybe just have a look around and you will see a diagram with explanation.

The known perfect lined up with guard setup is that 17 x 8 +35 with rubber 235 40

From there, you can calculate your desirable size.

However one thing to note is that you might encounter the clearance issues with guard and suspension.

As far as I know, you will have more trouble with touching guard than suspension. In saying that you can get away with two things.

Stretched tyres or roll up the guard.

You can roll up the guard with baseball bat I suppose :D

Ah the widebody :wave:

You will definitely need to change the rims later on when you get the kit. Because those kit will pump out +25mm front and +45mm back.

you might get away with 25mm adaptor for front but for rear, it's tough.

Make up the mind. Buy everyhing at once or buy something less value for now and change later.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
How much can you roll the rear arches?
i think PJ had problems with his S15. Couldn't roll very much because of some welds or something.

S

silviac

Yakozan said:
i think PJ had problems with his S15. Couldn't roll very much because of some welds or something.
you mean roll the inner guard or pump out the panel?

Well rolling inner guard is quite easy tho especially if you use one of those hub attached machine

A good panel beater can hammer out the guard or some also have machine to flare

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
silviac said:
Yakozan said:
you mean roll the inner guard or pump out the panel?

Well rolling inner guard is quite easy tho especially if you use one of those hub attached machine

A good panel beater can hammer out the guard or some also have machine to flare
I think he talked about 2 bits point-welded together. If rolled to much it could break loose.

S

silviac

oh I see

Yeah of course you don't want to roll up too much. just enough tyre not to rub. :D

Reaction score
SR2O said:
Hey guys,

I?m looking at purchasing a set of 18? 'Works Meister S1? rims for my ?99 S15 Silvia, however I am unsure as to what sizes/offsets would be best suited. I do not want to negatively compromise the handling and/or steering of the S15. Here is a pic for reference:

According to S15 Owners Club the standard S15 rims are 16 x 6.5 with a +45 offset (http://forum.s15oc.com/viewtopic.php?t=576) The same thread has a number of recommendations supposedly made by manufacturers such as Works, Rays, Nismo and so forth. According to the thread these are the recommendations made by Work:

18 7.5 +32 Recommended by Work
18 7.5 +35 Recommended by Work
18 8.5 +45 Rear Recommended by Work

JDM Concept the official Works distributor in Australia has the following recommendation for Meister S1?s on the S15:

Do these sizes sound correct? From what I?ve read the guards of the S15 need to be flared in order to accommodate 8.5? wide rims, yet they list both 8.5? and 9.5?.

Later down the track I am looking to purchase a Vertex Ridge widebody kit, and I?m not sure as to how much it flares the guards. I don?t want rims that are going to look out of place and sit too far in/out of the guards. I am not willing to use spacers.

What are people opinions on sizes (width) and offset for 18? rims on the S15 keeping in mind that I want to minimize loss of handling and/or steering as much as possible with 18? rims? Sorry for the long first post and thanks in advance!
18 X 9.5 at the rear will be tight with a +35 offset. If you run a 245 tyre at the rear, you will have to roll the guards - no question. You will also need adj rear camber arms as your rear camber will be about -3 deg once lowered 30-40 ml. Check out the ultimate wheel fitting guide in the useful threads section for some combos we currently use.

Reaction score
as people have said, if you are prepared to do some work they will fit. work may include the rolling of guards, test fitting different tyre sizes, and possibly some spacers. whether or not they will fit/clear will also depend on the type of suspension you have.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
an 9.5j with ET35 wont fit :no:, i have 8j ET35 and its tight. It would prob fit ok if you were to keep the -3 degrees of camber once lowered, but the you have traction issues.

K

khoala

on standard camber, i had 18*9 +35 with 255 tyres
clear teh guards fine.
guards were stock, and untouched.
if you have 9.5" and roll the guards, will clear fine.

i now run 18*9 +40 on 255 and control arms with guards rolled.
better traction than the stock camber....
on stock camber at that size, its just for show, does nothing for improved traction.

for standard guards, for the best look from my experience
8" +30 with 225 at front
9" +40 with 255 for rear
if you are going wide body, don't bother getting rims now...coz you won't have it looking anygood.

you will need (if you stick with the same widths) +15 for the fronts and +20 for the rears...or somewhat similar...
basically gtr offset would be good.

get the kit, trial gtr rims on the car to see whats the best offset you should go with

i'm sure you know someone who has rims along those lines.

note. the figures you posted are all recommended sizes...work don't recommend with the flush look, jdm imports takes the flush look to its limit...maybe a little more