What's new

vibration after HPI engine damper install

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys i just installed a HPI engine damper in my s15 and have noticed a little extra vibration through the sterring wheel....just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and is this normal??? or do i need to readjust the damper ???

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I had a noticed increase in vibration into the cabin when I fitted my engine damper. I would say this is normal.

Realisticly, they don't really do much except increase vibrations unless you by a oil filled damper.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
they are like a proper shock absorber. I don't think they are made for cars anymore. I am sure I saw one a while ago, but it was pricey

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
The engine damper has just transferred the engine vibrations through itself and onto the shock tower/chassis so yeah, it's normal.

Reaction score
Country
I think its purpose is to to prevent power loss in a way, becasue power is lost through vibrations of the engine. So you use the damper to prevent this but sacrifice some vibrations to go into the cabin. Would think that if you dont feel this way, the damper has a problem!

Reaction score
Country
i have noticed a much smoother power delivery through the rev ranges so a much decent investment for a decent price off yahoo auctions as these are discontinued