What's new

Evo8 Recaro fitting help.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
I bought some Evo8 Recaro's yesterday after finding several people running them and wanting something a bit more supportive than the stock seats.

Basically how did you fit them? One of the posts i found said they just knocked up some brackets for them, so i assumed (wrongly it seems) that they would be a similar fit to the standard Nissan seat! The standard Nissan seat bolts to its rail from the side and from the bottom... where as the recaro bolts down onto the rail from the bottom.... :confused:

Any help would be appreciated with this, as i hadn't want to order Reacaro rails, as with rhd the two with postage works out double what i paid for the seats! :annoyed:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I am pretty sure bride low mounts will fit these seats,don't know how much they are though you are probably looking at 200 I would have thought,I know ktec racing are the uk bride distributor.or have a look on driftworks,they sometimes pop up on there for 80 a side.
Have you done a search on sxoc also as I know there are 3 or 4 people at least who have run these seats on there might be worth a look
You definately need to change the runners though standards won't fit .

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Cheers bud, yeah i've been snooping around on there, The bride super lows and the driftworks superlows with some modification seem to be coming up alot there 150 each so would want to know if they'll fit really, i imagine removing the side mounts and an adaptor plate bolting to them...

http://www.driftworks.com/shop/drif...le-sidemount-seat-rail-right-side-nissan.html

Dont think in can stomach paying for Bride rails... :(

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I have seen second hand bride rails popping up for about 80 quite regularily mate.
Just had a look on sxoc and there are at least 2-3 people who sold evo recaros on the bride rails so they should fit . Demon tweeks would be worth a shot also as they do universal sub mounts if you dropped them an email I am sure they could tell you what does and doesn't work with them,or sports seats 4 u I think is another site,be a shame not to fit them,they are nice seats.

S

s15dave

i put in a recaro from a DC2 integra into my s15, using a standard bottom mount recaro seat rail.

so going on the logic that all OEM recaro seats just use a standard bottom mount seat rail, then it should work as what the others say.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
I got a bride rail that was taken of some old rough bride recliner! :D Two hour drive later and fit is like a mile off. :( Doesnt even fit the low max gias i have. :(

Going to put them in the for sale section later as im fed up with it :(

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Were the Bride rails the low version? There seems to be a minefield of options.

I know there's people using them with Evo Recaros in S14, which is basically the same :)

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Were the Bride rails the low version? There seems to be a minefield of options.

I know there's people using them with Evo Recaros in S14, which is basically the same :)
Pass matey, i image so it would sit on the carpet when fitted. It'll probly end up on here too so i'll get the number off it tomorrow.

I know mate thats exactly why i bought the seats in the first place, read loads of "yeah they go in easy enough" threads! and then the rails are SO expensive it doesnt seem worth it. :(

I've got a set of Brides i was gonna get rails for but gave up finding them at realistic money so gonna flog them too, use the cash to order an aero bumper, least that will fit! ... ive just jinxed that havent i...!

Reaction score
I went to a fabricator and had fixed seat brackets made up for my Cobra seat at half the cost of Bride rails. Might be worth seeing if someone can make some for you