What's new

Power upgrade?

Reaction score
Country
right at the moment this is the spec:-

A'PEXi Induction Filter
A'PEXi Power FC (L-Jetro & hand controller)
Apex Performance Type 2 FMIC
HKS SSQV (without recirc)
HKS Silent Hi-Power (middle box removed)
Japspeed Turbo Elbow
Japspeed Downpipe
Japspeed Decat Pipe
Japspeed 50mm Alloy Rad
Japspeed 12" Electric Fans x2
Gizzmo MS-IBC Boost Controller (max 1.2 bar)
Apex Performance Braided Turbo Coolant Hoses
Apex Performance Braided Turbo Oil Hose
Driftworks Thermostatic Oil Cooler
Blue Lightweight Anodised Pulleys
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

what could i buy which isnt stupidly expensive to get more power?

thanks

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Injectors are around 4-450 for nismo bit less for tomei, cams I am not 100% but think they are around the 3-350 mark mate

Reaction score
Country
cheapish things that will help

what size AFM are you running on the L-jetro? standard if so upgrade to Z32 or RB
a larger Throttle body - SR20DE uses a 60mm or maybe a aftermarket 70mm?
A good quality exhaust manifold.

If you dont mind it a bit louder, loose the silent hipower and get something custom made 3" going to 3.5" mid way thats does not have a 2inch restrictor behind the muffler(silent hi power), which is exactly what HKS Hi power is but a custom job will be cheaper

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the help guys. what is also easiest to fit? They sell a bigger throttle body on japspeed which doesnt seem too expebsive. would that be all i need or something else aswell?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Unless you want to spend silly money, just leave it as is. LuPix had it mapped to it full potential on it's current setup...

Reaction score
Country
Just keep in mind that with a bigger throttle body you will lose a bit of low down torque, however like most free ups you will gain mid to top end.
this is why most people use a SR20DE's 60mm as it give a bit of a free up without loosing to much low down, its a direct bolt on and its cheap.
Some aftermarket larger ones might require a different plenum or some work to fit the intake plenum, so make sure it will fit before you buy it.

this wont see you large gains. but you will notice a improvement, if you get the car remapped some time in the future this improvement will assist in a higher power figure.

In theory if you have a 3" cold pipe from your intercooler you should have a 3" throttle body, and then really a plenum which can continue the flow.

Reaction score
Country
Right ideally its best to keep the standard throttle body then. what kind of gains do you get from injecters? And the link that "thatsme59" gave are they the right ones?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Remember if you change/upgrade anything you will need about £400-500 to get it re-mapped..

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Personal preference really, I used Steve Sadler FC tuning (he is good with power FC), but Jez at horsesham developments is good, and also heard good things about Greg at Protuner.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
The problem with power upgrades is the deminishing returns vs cost, you really need to decided what power you want and then cost it out, if you've got your mind set on 400bhp for example you will easily see the thousands disappear on the way to it. I'd recommend you look at it this way rather than just adding parts (injectors, cams etc).

But as Auss15 said without going for another Turbo: cams, injectors, FPR and a retune are your best bets. But you also need to consider springs, retainers if going for cams. I'd also recommend Greg at Pro Tuner.

My build will come in at over £10k and i'm only going for 450+. so as Craig said unless your spending silly money leave as is.....

Reaction score
Country
My opinion is to save the money and get them all at once. Every part is interlinked. And not all parts result in power gains. You have to decide right from the beginning what power you are after like what ichigo said and stick to it.

It is also difficult to work within a budget, becasue things go wrong along the way. If u don't intend to spend much, leave it alone.

Not necessary i feel to go with bigger throttle body. Better to get the basic mods right, intake; exhaust; decat; downpipe, intercooler, radiator etc. I think its your basis to go to the second step.

You are going down a long endless road!

Reaction score
Country
For cams i'd recommend Tomei 256 (in/ext) and for injectors either Tomei or Nismo 740cc, not much different price wise to the 555cc but more headroom if you want to push on more with the upgrades.

Many other injectors such as HKS are essential re-labled Denso injectors and don't have the quick response time like the Nismo and Tomei injectors.

With the injectors you will also need a FPR (e.g. Tomei type S for example) and FPR adaptor (e.g. Tomei - Greddy), new injector o-rings and for both cams and injectors of course a remap.

See the link below for info on the other mods you should consider for different power levels
http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?6501-Want-to-up-the-power-need-some-advise-please

http://forum.s15oc.com/member.php?1619-sjt47y