What's new

NVH

Reaction score
Country
I fitted Energy suspension bushes to the diff, sub frame, control arms etc., I knew there would be an increase in NVH but just wanted to see if what I’m getting is the same as other people and is NVH and not down to me fitting something wrong :p

1. Diff whine, at least I think its the diff..when driving slowly or letting the car slow down using the gears you can hear a distinct whine coming from the back end, now I like it I just want to make sure its perfectly safe.

2. Clunking, again I think its the diff as its at the rear, this happens when changing gear sometimes if you do it slowly when not accelerating so its quiet I can hear a slight clunck when lifting of the cluch and accelerating.

They’re the only changes ive noticed in terms of NVH, I don’t mind them one bit in fact I like the sound of mechanical things doing their job..it makes me feel like a proper man! :D haha

The back end feels much tighter and responsive after fitting them though so I highly recommend the upgrade :thumbs:

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, mines like that too but I have solid diff mounts. If you let the clutch drag very slightly you'll probably get a lot of clunking too as the slack from the drive-train is being taken up.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
All you're hearing now is the noise of a working transmission mate ;) it's all normal. It's actually less harsh with polystyrene than with locking collars. The initial clunk is the diff as the gears take up the slack and make contact :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah. Contrary to popular belief, locking collars are as harsh as solid bushes on the subframe as they effectively clamp the subframe directly to the chassis.

:)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I meant polyurethane mate, damn auto spell crap lol