What's new

S15 Spec-S brakes question!

Reaction score
ok i have a Spec-S and looking to get some redstuff pads for the front befor a track day.

my question is this, are the pads the same as a 180sx?

my old 180sx calipers look the same as whats on my s15 spec-s and as i cant seem to find uprated pads to the spec-s, this maybe a way around it without having to upgrade the calipers/discs ect

if anybody has any info on this please let me know a.s.a.p so i can sort it out.

thanks for your time guys:notworthy:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I can see you said you wanted to upgrade without changing calipers/disks but for roughly the same price as performance pads you could pick up a used Spec R 4-piston front brake assy. Then you will open the door to real pad upgrade options that actually make a difference like DS2500's etc. Greenstuff and Redstuff are crap on track, I wouldn't bother with them.

Reaction score
Country
craig is right, the cost of any used nissan 4pot front caliper and disk is by far the best way to go with the spec s brakes, as they are all a bolt on upgrade, and the BMC is fine with a bigger front caliper. And the cost benefit in the long run far out does spending good money on pads for the crap single front calipers.

Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys, but you can get a set of good pads for around £120! can i really buy standard 4pot calipers and discs for the same money?

if yes then some one sell me some:D

Reaction score
plus shipping and import tax ;)

i get what you mean though dude. i will be looking on egay now for a set of calipers :)

thanks spoonman

Reaction score
Country
well if you do end up finding some and they are overseas make sure they are the alloy ones which every skyline has not cast like the spec r or one of the Z32 models' as the weight will make your postage alot less, and alloy is much better with the heat

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I sold my front calipers from my sPec r with braided lines,discs and pads for £60.
That's about the price you should look to pay for a spec r set up,60-80 I reckon.

Edit. Knew I had seen a set for sale somewhere,check the link below on sxoc,has the fron set up for £50!
http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=490309&highlight=s15+brakes

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
No worries mate,glad to be of help.
Otherwise contact vinnie on this forum as I sold him my set which were in really good condition ,and he is selling his car now and not sure whether he has fitted the brakes or not.

Reaction score
vinnie also has a pm now lol

i will get some brakes sooner or later haha

cheers dude