What's new

Adjusting HKS Actuator

J

Jono

Finally got my rocket back on the road and it feels great! Doesn't sound like a tractor anymore, which is nice!

My Japanese however isn't so good :p - can anyone tell me how I udjust the HKS actuator so I'm not over-boosting? Over boosting is fun! :D but I suspect may damage my engine fairly swiftly if I don't get it right.

I understand how to adjust the actual mechanism, but do I lengthen or shorten the rod? And by how much? I need to reduce boost by about 0.2.

Over to you :confused: :notworthy:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Shorten increases boost.

The arm is pulling the wastegate open. Think in terms of opening a drawer without moving. If you try to open it with your arm fully extended, you aren't going to open it very far. Open it with your arm bent however (i.e. half its length)...

Adjusting the actuator is a gradual process. You need to set it to half length and increase it a turn or two at a time. To get peak boost, floor it at around 4k in 4th/5th/6th. 6th is likely to give you the higher peak, from personal experience... Don't be tempted to wind it on without testing in stages.

DON'T LOSE OR DROP THE ACTUATOR ARM E CLIP. You won't get a replacement...

J

Jono

Photo's will follow for others future reference!

As I said, it's not far off - peak is about 1 bar at the moment but I recognise this is too much for my setup. I'm using my right foot as a manual boost controller at the moment but it's not very reliable as it can't always be trusted :wack:

I'll extend the arm out a little then to see if that helps. Should have it naled by the end of the week I hope. :thumbs:

J

Jono

Did this last night - pretty much a doddle with a pair of thick gloves on to avoid the burning of the hands :eek: :wave:

Anyway, approx. 10 full rotations of the widget and I'm down to 0.9. Gonna finish the job tomorrow and get it to 0.8, and I'll take some photo's as I do it.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Another couple of slapped wrists for you guys, gets yourselves a map done then you can turn to boost up :nod:, i'm still at 0.8 :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
sushiming said:
good work mate...iam sure there nothign to worry about mines at 0.9 at full boost now aswell...
Errm...that's a bold statement to make. So, do you know what det sounds like? You are unlikely to hear det 9 out of 10 times without det cans. If you can actually hear it, your engine ain't going to last that long....