What's new

k sport brakes.

Reaction score
Country
hi, i know ive already posted a thread like this before but i need new discs for my k sport brakes. can i use any discs aslong as there the same size? or do they have to be k sport? need new ones a.s.a.p

thanks
james :)

Reaction score
So I am reliably informed, K-sport use AP to manufacture their discs, after having issues when they K-sport first released their kits with discs warping and such, they approached AP racing about having them supply disc's for the kits. And now all K-sport kits come with AP discs. So call any K-sport dealer or AP and shouldn't be any problem.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I recently had mine skimmed but the clowns who did it royaly ****** them up, and I ended up paying again to have them skimmed on the car but now they are perfect again. Do you still have grooves showing on the disk? If so it may be worth considering skimming..

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
£100+vat to get them done on the car normally. Not too bad considering the cost of new rotors. I had mine done at PumaBuild in Birmingham. They did a really good job, feel perfect again now and paid cash too ;)

http://pumabuild.com/ - expect the usual 'Datsun' comments from the Ford bummers though!

Reaction score
Country
yeh i think i will deffo look into getting them skimmed then, seems alot cheaper doing it that way :p thanks mate :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I didn't know they messed yours up Craig? An alternative skim would be to use a local engineer but it depends how good they are. Luckily they did a good job for 40 quid....

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, a local engineering company ruined mine for me! They machined them into a nice wedge shape (3mm discrepancy) so as the disks rotated the pedal pulsated as the pistons were forced in and out Getting them done on the car is the best way I think as it takes out any discrepancy in the hub etc too.