What's new

Popping noise from rear drivers side..

Reaction score
Country
Just fitted a hks ssqv, don't know if this has bought the noise on or not, but I can now hear it, when I change gear (mainly from 2-3 3-4) I get a loud pop noise coming from the rear drivers side, only happens if I'm touching boost it seems, is it the diff? Any ideas?

Cheers x

C

Controll3d

If it really have that Cusco LSD. Most likelly that's what making noise. :)

S

S15 SILVIA

Think you'll find it's your dump valve causing this guys!
Silv's don't accept dump valves that vent to atmosphere very well. Cause over fueling, the popping noise will be unburnt fuel in the exhaust! The standard car has a recirc valve, so dumped air is registered by the ecu as it is returned, if it's vented to atmosphere, the ecu doesn't read the returned air, and causes over fuelling on lift off.
Don't know the full technicals, but that's what it'll be. :)

C

Controll3d

Good point. SSQV without recirc kit could definitely get some new "popping" going.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Yer that was what I first thought, just seemed weird that it sounds although it's coming from the drivers side when the exhaust on the passenger. Looks like I may need a recirc kit next then.

Thanks for the help x

Reaction score
Country
i still have the factory tune and recirc, mine has its little pops after coming off load and does the occasional louder one if alot of heavy jandle has been used then straight to clutch in. its all good, at night if you are redlining past a fence and it hucks a good flame it will bring a smile to your face.
Only worry about it when its like a 12A monsta bridge i went in the other day, 5 sec after turning it off BANG first thought was oh crap the exhausts sitting on the ground and not the car anymore, but it was all good.