What's new

Hicas locking

Reaction score
Country
Hello guys, I've just bought myself a S15, but it is with HICAS 4ws and this I would like to get rid of.

Is there anyone that have got any tips or could give me any advices on how to do this?

I will buy a hicas lock bar kit like this one on DW:

http://www.driftworks.com/shop/driftworks-total-hicas-eliminator-nissan.html

or is it enough with just the lock bar?

Do I need to remove the hicas computer, or the pipes underneath etc?

By locking up the rear steering will the steering in front be affected? I dont need to change the servo or something like that?

Thanks in advance / Mag

Reaction score
Country
up!! I've searched, but cant seem to find any good advice. Has no one done the operation?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I would personally look at getting a set of toe arms and a couple of hub carrier poly bushes and do away with it all together mate. I'm sure I've seen it done somewhere and it shouldn't be too big a job :)

Reaction score
Country
yeah that's the one I had in mind, but what does rose-jointed arms mean?

My english isn't the best, sorry.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Rose joints are metal to metal bearings tha need constant maintenance or they'll seize up and wear out quickly. They offer a slightly better improvement in control than with hard rubber or poly but I wouldn't bother with Rose joints for road as Craig said

Reaction score
Country
okey, but that kit includes polybushes so it wouldnt be a problem? or am I misstaking?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
The arms themselves have rosejoints, the poly bushes are for the other end where the mount the hub carrier. Have a look at the apex arms, they are a toughened rubber and much more forgiving without the maintenance of rosejoints. They should last longer too ;)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I don't know a huge amount about HICAS as I don't have it, but I think the bars you've posted links to just lock it out, not totally removing it like the Driftworks kit does..?

Reaction score
Country
Yepp,, thats right,, the bar just locks them, and of course we have to remove the HI-cas stuff before fitting the bar..
The driftworks kit Is the best in option but i think I'll get a bar anyway, damn this Hi-cas..hehhe

Reaction score
Country
Tony, what's your plans about the hydrolic lines? Just do a "u-bend" or removing them all the way to the pump and plug them there?

What would be the best idea?

Reaction score
Country
Isn't It all just electricity And sensors wired to It , then when you remove the contact, and HI-cas,that's It..... =) after that,, add a bar or canceler kit and start drift =)

I just looked at HI-cas quick,, but It shouldn't be more advanced then this..

Last edited: