What's new

s15 bilstein part numbers

S

s15dave

folks,

anyone on here ever ordered bilstein B6 for their s15?

alot of the standard suspension places around here (qld) say that bilsteins arent available for the s15, only the s14.

the bilstein catalogue only has s13 and s14, not s15.

http://www.wholesalesuspension.com.au/pics/products/catalogues/Bilstein_catalogue.pdf

my understanding is the s14 and s15 front struts are slightly different lengths (s14 a bit longer?)

unless people can confirm that s14 and s15 is the same?

i intend on just using them with the standard springs.

Reason im asking for the part number is so i can order them directly from the US, which im hoping will be quite a bit cheaper than the prices in AUS.....

Any help would be much appreciated.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Ring Heasmans suspension in Sydney (02) 9519 2970. They will set you straight.

I know Auss15 has Bilsteins, not sure if they are the B6 though. Maybe shoot him a pm and ask.

Reaction score
Mine are Bilsteins with Eibach springs with front and rear rates. They were converted into adjustable coilovers by Heasmans.

S

s15dave

how do the bilsteins go with the eibach springs? and do you know what spring rates the eibahs are?

are yours b6 auss15? if so how do they go?

i think ive got KYB replacements in my car at the moment, quite harsh on small bumps....trying to get rid of that.

ive send a few emails back and forwards to heasmans today (im in Brisbane at work, so coudlnt call),

$605/pair for the bilstiens by them selves (just shocks). B6 range. seems reasonable, about the same prices ive got elsewhere.

im a little interested/concerned in how they valve them, he said they will work find with standard springs, but what that means im not sure.

cept ill need to track down some original struts to used them with (as mine are kybs, no good)

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
It's pretty rare Heasmans will steer you wrong. If you tell them exactly what you are using the car for and what your requirements are, they will select the right valves for you. I know you can't call them from work, but the best thing is to talk to them. I find it is sometimes difficult to communicate exactly what you want over email.

If you have any issuses, I live just around the corner from them.

Reaction score
My spring rates are 6 front 4 rear. They valuved the shocks to match the springs. The car feels unbelievable in corners especially on the track.

If you ring Heasmans ask to speak to Jono Mckinnon,he's the technical engineer there. He worked on my setup and quite a few other members of the Nissan Sports Car Club.

Just mentioned you talked to Phil from NSCC with the white S15

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I didnt' realise that Jono worked for Heasmans. Definately give him a call s15dave.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Me? No, I am very happy with my superstreets.

S

s15dave

Thanks for the replys guys.

6 and 4kg seems a bit more reasonable.

i will try and get onto that guy, id love to speak directly with the engineer.

seem to only get sales guys at alot of the shops ive tried.