What's new

Turbo Upgrade

Reaction score
Website
powizzle.tumblr.com
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of upgrading the factory turbo to a bigger unit. I was looking at the GT2871r 52t (aka GTRS) as it seems to be a direct bolt on.

Are there any other turbo setups that you guys could recommend (maybe 3071R)?

The car is daily driven, and i've been hitting up a few skidpan/drift events.

I'd ideally like to keep the engine internals standard, and would be looking to upgrade the bare essentials (ie, fuel pump, nistune)

At the moment, i'm running:
FMIC
Turbo Back exhaust w/ HKS Hipower Silent
Blitz I-Color EBC
Arc Induction Box

At the moment, the car feels awesome, however it wouldn't hurt to get more power!

J

JapanS15

perhaps get bigger injectors, aftermarket fuel pump, some sort of EMS followed by a tune and you will be set!

J

JapanS15

I would run a Z32 MAF if I were going with a bigger/biggest turbo for the motor.

J

JapanS15

how much is considered SAFE boost for the stock motor with said upgrades?

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
1.32 bar... Safe for me on a TD06-20G, lol.

Really though you can't say a certain boost pressure is safe, it's about cylinder pressure. So basically it all depends on your tune. Most people say 400whp is the limit of the stock motor.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm running 1.6 bar, but as Hypnotik says it all down to tune... and 400whp seems about right - i've heard 450bhp at the fly which is much the same!

Reaction score
Yep, thats pretty much it.
Then you might want to think about brake upgrade and the future strength of the stock gearbox

Reaction score
2860rs disco potato with 740's and a few other upgrades I am getting 350-360 bhp on stock internals and 1.4 bar. check out my build thread in owners rides.. I have added lots of other stuff, but as a turbo = power output idea it may help you decide.. and no lag!!

Sair

Reaction score
Country
sooooooooo it means we can also put t67 or gt3071 on stock internals with other compulsary tools like inj..... bla bla:rolleyes: