What's new

Backlash on driveshaft

Reaction score
Country
Hey ya all..

I was on a car inspection a while ago. the inspector felt on the driveshaft and there was a slight play,not much.. He said to me not to worry.. but I want to check anyway..
Is that common on S15....??

Best regards T.M

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
How much play is in the shaft? I expect there is always going to be some play in them,so long as they are quiet(not clunking) I wouldn't worry too much mate.

I have a different problem with mine,when you turn the prop one driveshaft pushes about 2 inches out of the casing and then engages.
Not what you expect after spending a lot of money having a new helical fitted lol
Luckily I have a spare diff to swap to.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Ok,, Thx.. There's very little play. and no sound at all.. but sometimes when I take of slow.. I hear just ONE click.. nothing else..
I cant push the shaft backwards or forward.. just little play when i roll It..

Damn that's not fun when It pushes out..

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
No not at all,when I go into gear it takes a little while to take up the slack and set in place,got a skyline 4.1 diff to go on so that should be more fun!
I wouldn't worry too much tbh doesn't sound like anything wrong-f it gets worse /louder or more frequent then maybe have it checked over again.

sands

Reaction score
Ok,, Thx.. There's very little play. and no sound at all.. but sometimes when I take of slow.. I hear just ONE click.. nothing else..
I cant push the shaft backwards or forward.. just little play when i roll It..

Damn that's not fun when It pushes out..
I had that click in mine when setting off was sure a drive was on it's way out turned out the drive nut had came louse some how worth a try, got rid of my click

Reaction score
Country
I had that click in mine when setting off was sure a drive was on it's way out turned out the drive nut had came louse some how worth a try, got rid of my click
Do you mean the nut on rear wheels..??
i'll check that this weekend =).. thx

J

JapanS15

I think he meant a nut on the driveshaft...where it connects to the diff.

sands

Reaction score
The big nut on the nub, out side of the drive shaft 32 i think it is, thats what is was on mine worth a try

sands

Reaction score
no, the nut im talking about will be under the center cap of your wheel pop off the center cap and you will see it

Reaction score
Country
=) just were in garage and the nut on left wheel was tightened like hell,, but the right side, drivers side was very very, extremly little loose dont think It makes a difference but I tightened It as hard I could, then tomorrow I'll test the car.. =).. thanks for the help guys..