What's new

URGENT!! 17mm Bolt for bottom of coilovers??

Reaction score
Country
Its the single bolt that goes through the bottom of the shocker.. and its stuck to hell. Soaked it in penetrating oil and had an impact gun on it.. no joy as of yet.

Anyone know where I can find a replacement? I've done a google and checked ScrewFix, but no joy!! gahhhh.

I did find that some Volkswagens also use a similar bolt (if not the same)..

Anyways, does anyone know where i can get a replacement? Mine are rusted on something rotten and even if i do manage to get them off, I dont see them going back on again..

Many thanks!!

Reaction score
Country
wreckers would be your best bet, chances are the anything like a primera - aviner would have the same bolt, any 17mm bolt that from a jap car will have the same thread spacing just find one thats the right length, ive prob got a bolt that would fit lying around in the garage. Or take the old bolt into a tool shop and just find a replacement and get a big arse washer to match

Reaction score
Country
wreckers would be your best bet, chances are the anything like a primera - aviner would have the same bolt, any 17mm bolt that from a jap car will have the same thread spacing just find one thats the right length, ive prob got a bolt that would fit lying around in the garage. Or take the old bolt into a tool shop and just find a replacement and get a big arse washer to match
cheers mate thever even thought of that! haha :)
we've managed to get one of them out. The other is still stuck. Impact guns & penetrating oil are a god-send haha.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Luckily there's a really good local hardware shop to me which a) has every damn fitment you can pretty much want b) is much cheaper than the rip-off homestores like B&Q, Homebase etc...

Just measure the diameter 'M' fitment of the bolt and pitch (you'll need a gauge possibly) as spoonman says don't just pick any 17mm bolt lol. Although going to breakers is a good idea as Nissan will re-use a lot of parts or at least the pitch 'should be the same'.

You can put the original 17mm bolt you removed against the studs for you wheels... if they look identical then you know the pitch is 1.25 ;)