What's new

dual mass flywheel play...

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
That's about right I'd say. I seem to remember being able to get around 1/4 turn.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If I was to ever replace the clutch on my 15 again I'd go for the Super Coppermix and do away with the dual mass. The best sensible clutch you can get for the 6-speed IMO ;)

R

rad1

so recon the left seems the correct play for s15? he's trying to say thats stuffed... and less than that play I cant see how they would be of any absorbing benefit...
true its easier to go for the HPerformance route trying to keep the stock going as mine is a little bit special
thanks guys

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The one on the left is like mine was when I changed my clutch last year. That was after 60k miles on the standard clutch (which still had loads of material left) and only 260bhp with no drifting etc..

R

rad1

does anyone know if a replacement factory s15 clutch is spring loaded unlike the OEM item in the car?
I assume if its a spring loaded plate, its the wrong one?
thanks

K

kieran@silverback

usually on most dual mass flywheels anything over 15mm of play by hand, would be deemed excessive. Bear in mind by hand you cannot even remotely push the flywheel like your engine could/would. However this may be different for the s15 but i doubt it would be much different. but this is a guide for servicable life if i was putting in a clutch and didnt advise the play being excessive and the followinig weeks the flywheel gave up the customer would be reluctant to pay labour again on a job they just paid for, if you see what im getting at. Personally if it was my own car and there was no lateral play and it didnt "clatter" on run down when you switch the engine off, then id be happy with it ;)