What's new

Body heat shield, where dump pipe & front pipe are.

Reaction score
Country
I was looking into heat shielding the cars body where the dump pipe & front pipe are. As the factory ones are going to get replaced, most likely with stainless items, so alot of heat will be getting omitted. I dont want to use heat wrap as this just causes the pipes to crack and the stuff starts to rust all to soon.

Or does no one worry about it?

Has anyone used that self adhesive sheet material with any good results or does it just peel off over time with rain and crap, or would making a alloy one be the route to go down.

Or is this craig's next project.. :nod:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I wouldn't worry about underneath the car so much. On mine I have got some of the self-adhesive aluminized material (see here) on the inside of the hood which seems to work well as the heat once warped the bonnet! My manifold sits about 10mm from the ABS unit, hence the heat shield there too which works really well. As for the body where the dump and front pipe go - personally I wouldn't worry about that, but if you are, some of the aluminized material should do the job well.

If I was to start again with my exhaust system I would save to buy Tomei parts and heat-wrap the lot to the end of the front pipe.

:)

Reaction score
Country
im in the process of trying to find some top quality jap branded items, or steam pipe ones