What's new

Spec-S - what exhaust

U

uranage

What exhaust system would you recommended for the Spec-S? I want something LOUD that doesn't hang too low; meaning the pipe should use the same tunnel as the stock exhaust. I know I wont gain any BHP but I just want it to be louder.

I haven't seen anyone selling exhausts for NA S15 in Europe though.

U

uranage

If you just want it louder, cut out one of the silencers and replace it with a piece of pipe.
Removing the middle silencer doesn't do much.

I take it that the SR20DE catback is different from the SR20DET version?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yes, its different. People often have Spec S systems for sale on here.

Reaction score
i have hks hi power titanium! make a hel of noise!!!
and fitmand, ground clearens is perfect!
made 111db on trackday!

Reaction score
Country
Good NA headers - 2 1/4 inch decat, 2 1/4 catback (NO resonator if you want more noise) but still use a goodquality rear NA not turbo muffler. makes a really good noise turbo or straight through mufflers on NA just sound tinny, a larger diameter exhaust on a DE will just kill power, used to have that setup on my old Spec S and it sounded great and was still road legal noise level, was quiet enough at low revs but you heard about it in the high range quiet a distance away

Reaction score
Country
Would not recommend Nur spec R, mine is on a spec R but it hangs lower the a pensioners balls! Sounds great but with the cat still in a bit muffled!

Reaction score
mate have you tried 5zigen's fireball or miracle? when i first imported my s15 it came with this exhaust (i cant tell which one as my back box was scraped badly), and man did it scream like a banshee. Honda boys love them too as i found out later as they have a reputation of being rasp, loud exhausts with power gains :) cant go wrong i guess. Check out their website.

U

uranage

mate have you tried 5zigen's fireball or miracle? when i first imported my s15 it came with this exhaust (i cant tell which one as my back box was scraped badly), and man did it scream like a banshee. Honda boys love them too as i found out later as they have a reputation of being rasp, loud exhausts with power gains :) cant go wrong i guess. Check out their website.
Sounds good. Now I need to find a website that sells them. Anyone?

Reaction score
Country
Hey check jap performance parts.

I did see a Zigen exhaust with cat back system. Think its about £300 bills.
I was gonna get that but me bro got me the hks silent power instead lol.