What's new

missfire!!!

Reaction score
hi people im in need of some help!! since my S15 landed in january it has had a missfire at high RPM's. it drives fine until im driving hard on full throttle at about 6-7k revs! it feels like something opens and then all the power comes in at ones but missfires all the way through!

i have changed spark plugs, coilpacks, ECU, AFM, O2 sensor. which at first solved the problem but after a few miles of driving it goes back to missfiring!! if i disconnect the battery it fixes the car for a few miles then problem comes back.

i went down to horesham developments and he diagnosed problem as the knock sensor! he unplugged the sensor and put a resistor accross the pins and it fixed the car as he said was fooling the ECU!. i have done about 1000 miles and has been fine..... well yesterday i replaced the knock sensor and the part of the loom that went to it. the car is now back to missfiring all over again so im stuck as to what the problem could be!!!!

if anyone has any ideas please help!! Sorry for the long thread!!

thanks

G

GUEST_JDM

Im going out on a guess here but have you checked your ignition modual?

Reaction score
cracked standard intercooler or a boost leak maybe. random vibration sending the knock sensor ape****?
just fitted a FMIC kit, and already had a boost leak test done, and all was fine!! engine sounds fine no weird noises or vibrations that i hear..