What's new

carbon bonnet is abit dull :(

Reaction score
Country
i got a carbon bonnet but needs relaquering but is there anything i can for the mean time to living it up abit as japfest is this weekend and wouldnt mind showing it off a little:cool:

Reaction score
Website
www.driftworks.com
Country
you could wax the hell out of it, but the more product you put onto the exposed carbon, the more chance of reaction you have when painting it.

G

GUEST_JDM

Hey mate, i make carbon products, the shine will always fade after time, what you need to do is polish it with metal polish, use a buffer also and it will come up like new as this is the same process they use in the factory. the best thing ive found for touch ups like your case is meguiars metal polish in the purple container. let me know how you go. The reason for the loss of shine is corrosion and uv damage which will happen no matter what you do, some resins will corrode less than others.

Reaction score
Country
well sounds like GUEST_JDM is all over it..

anyways i've got a carbon bonnet and i just wax the hell out of it. plenty of hard wax to get a decent glossy layer on. shines like a mirror :) (i use autoglym high definition stuff)
:)

Reaction score
Country
well sounds like GUEST_JDM is all over it..

anyways i've got a carbon bonnet and i just wax the hell out of it. plenty of hard wax to get a decent glossy layer on. shines like a mirror :) (i use autoglym high definition stuff)
:)
yeah when i first got the car the bonnet was spot on then i waxed it up for first time and it was fine but the second time i done it it rained later on in the day and jst looks horrible now eventually i will get it lacquered though :D

Reaction score
Country
yeah when i first got the car the bonnet was spot on then i waxed it up for first time and it was fine but the second time i done it it rained later on in the day and jst looks horrible now eventually i will get it lacquered though :D
woop! :D

G

GUEST_JDM

Hi Guest is there a buffer and metal polish brand that u recommend?
Hey mate the trick is the bigger and flatter the carbon product is the bigger the buffer you want to use, i use a 9 inch grinder with a buffer wheel on bonnets and for smaller carbon products i generally use a bench grinder with a buffer wheel. I use a few products but i like the meguiars next gen metal polish in the purple container, i also use some jap brand plastic polish as a finnisher sometimes but it all depends on the resin used in the product to which will work best, any poly based resin responds really well the meguiars polish where you need something harder for an epoxy based resin product.