What's new

S15 thermo fan write up

Reaction score
Website
www.omgpham.com
Country
Hey all,

I've been recently designing a dual thermo fan (electric fan) setup for our S15s. It uses dual fans that can run in two different speeds, most of the time it will run in low speed mode so will help with current drain.

My design also keeps the factory ECU control of the stock AC electric fan. I know it's a bit more complex then what most people do, but I wanted something that I didn't need to worry about after I installed it. And all the relays will fit inside the factory relay box so it'll be neat and tidy.

Anyway check out my write up here:
http://omgpham.com/nissan-s15-thermo-fan-setup

J

jlorger

Actually looking to wire up my au thermo's at the moment and would love to get some more info about all this.

Looks like a great way of doing it.

Reaction score
Country
Great write up, i'm in the middle of changing the radiator and use two fans like yours, i really like the idea of two speeds for the fans... i think i'll give this one a try, cheers mate!

Reaction score
Website
www.omgpham.com
Country
Actually looking to wire up my au thermo's at the moment and would love to get some more info about all this.

Looks like a great way of doing it.
I believe this is the best way to do if your car isn't just a track machine. I daily my S15 with a track day every 2 months or so, so I had to come up with something that was liveable from day to day.

Great write up, i'm in the middle of changing the radiator and use two fans like yours, i really like the idea of two speeds for the fans... i think i'll give this one a try, cheers mate!
When you choose your fans make sure they have a shroud, and not simply sit flat against the radiator. I've seen some setups with no shroud and the cooling efficiency drops immensely.

And the dual speed is a great feature because in our S15 it would normally be on low mode anyway. For the fans I'll be using, low mode only draws 3.6 amps of current. Where on high mode it draws 13.5 amps.

J

jlorger

When do you plan on doing the install. It would be a good idea to do a write up with pictures on the install as i think it would help alot of people wanting to do it this way. Great way to keep the factory features which is what i want.