What's new

Servicing times....

G

Get_Real

Hey Guys :wave:

Just a generalisation question really........based on a car doing about 5000 - 10000 miles a year.

I know it's standard practice for most ppl on here and on the sxoc to change the engine oil every 3000 miles.

However, what about all the other bits and pieces like

- Diff Oil,
- Transmission Oil,
- Brake Fluids,
- Gearbox Oil,
- Spark Plugs
- Brake Pads
- Brake Discs
- anything else that i have missed......?? :confused: :p

How do you tell when each needs to be changed? I assume when the brakes start squealing then it's time to change them but ya know what i mean.... Is there a set 'safe' lifespan before all the above should be changed? :eek:

Thought this might help other members on both forums cos i know that i definitely haven't got the foggiest........ :ghey:

Thanks for your input peeps! :notworthy: :thumbs:

Cheers,
Alex

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Hi Alex. All the info is in the Maintenance section of the workshop manual. You may also find the Service Sheets useful too :) All are available in the Useful Threads section :thumbs:

G

Get_Real

Cheers mate!!

Will have a lil browse later on.......... :nod: :thumbs:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
On the 3k oil change, the SXOC had various test carried out and it would seem the oil is still close to as new on most applications at 3k, this depends on how you use the car, a regular track car then yes i would change the oil every 3k, but for my car - maybe one to two trackdays a year :)cry:) i'll be changing mine every 6k :nod:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Test have shown that fully synth oil is still good after 6k miles and that it would probably still be OK to 10k. 3k is needless overkill and cost. And that's from someone who used to do 3k changes.