What's new

sr20de to sr20det swap (Irish Members)

D

dil

This is directed to the Irish lads on here!:D

I'l be taking my spec s off the road after the lakes next weekend as I'l be saving to put a turbo sr20 into it. I want to put an sr20 from an s15 into it with s15bb turbo, Basically I'm just wondering how easily are these got around the country and how much would they be making for engine, turbo, ecu, loom, etc. (will use the standard 5 speed box in it already).

Is there big price/power/reliability differences between putting in an s14 engine or s15 engine setup???

what would ye suggest to do, 14 or 15??

cheers lads

Reaction score
Country
Id suggest. sell the spec s and buy the spec r...

Theres a lot more things different in both apart from the engine and it would cost you more to convert your spec s to a spec r...

but as for prices..... you'd be looking at €5-700 for the engine, probably more for the turbo then

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
the Sr20det in general from the S14, S14a and S15 Spec R are all the same apart from the rocker cover on the S15 is apparently different on the inside (so HKS say not had mine off to compair yet) its the Turbo's that change with the Spec R being BB between 99-00/01 I am sure the newer models changed back to the Turbo's that the S14 ran?
But as said above your best bet is sell your Spec S save the hastle and buy a Spec R but I know some people like a challenge :)

Reaction score
Country
x3 Been there done that. two years after owning the spec s and planning the whole time to put a DET in i just brought the spec r