What's new

Braking news! (don't get excited)

Reaction score
Country
Ok I'm in need of all new brakes (all round) was looking for something alittle bit more exciting than standard replacements, but not the huge price tag!

Some time ago a fellow member suggested project mue, so I got a set of pads to give them a try and there great apart from one thing, THEY HAVE EATEN THE DISCS! But have lasted very well!

So if any one knows of a good set up that they can recommend please do! And ware I could get them as well,

Currently running standard alloys due to be replaced in the next six months with 18s, but breaks need urgent attention!

Reaction score
Country
I can only recommend Ferrodo DS2500. Really amazing brake pads, so much bite, and ive not managed to get any brake fade!! I would really recommend not going cheap on items like brakes, i know the Ferrodo's are a little pricey, but worth every penny IMO.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
A lot of people on here and the type r forum I use rave about the ferodo pads defo what I will be going with next,that or stoptech disc and pads!

Reaction score
Ferodo DS2500 are very good, I've abused them on track with absolutely no fade, however I'm using 8 pot calipers and 356mm discs with them.

Reaction score
Country
Ok spoke to a salesman and he needs the pads size and shape for the padsand the diameter, thickness and pcd of the discs to match the ones I'm looking at. anyone know were I can find this info? I'd go out side with a tape mesure but have no tools to remove the wheel!

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Hey mate, ive just changed to R32 GTR non Vspec fronts with braided brake lines and EBC redstuff pads. I havent really tested them yet but it was pretty cheap considering as you sound like you have to change discs anyway. They cost me £90 off a skyline bloke, £40 for re-furb stuff, pads and quite a few hours work and lots of cleaning kit but worth it now.
R32 and R33 front brakes will fit, including Vspec, but GTST arent quite as good as GTR. I just had to wait a while for them to pop up

good luck

Reaction score
Country
Had any one got the size, thickness and dia of the roators? Because I'm trying to souce some to replace the eaten ones but require this info to ensure fittment.

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
As far as I know the rear rotors are all the same for S13/14/15 but I could be wrong, I've always changed mine out for Skyline rears with the drum ebrake. Are you not ordering S15 specific rotors? Just because they are the right diameter and thickness does not mean the hat height and hub diameter are correct.

Reaction score
Country
It's more to do with the s15 rotors being hard to get hold of with out the silliy price tag! Tried most of the suppliers I know of but there all won't around £350 for fronts alone! S14a are £200 so if they'll fit then why not!

Reaction score
Country
Sod it il quiz the bloke tomorrow and do some kind of deal if They don't fit! Just need time to fit them now! Any one know the size and shape of the pads? Just incase they dont know?

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Search is your friend, all this info will be around somewhere!

Have you looked at the db power break setups, I dnt run them myself but it's a cheaper alternative to changing callipers?

Personally breaks is not something I would ever skim on, no matter how much I could save that money won't help me when I'm not here because I could not stop quick enough!

Oh and I run EBC Turbo Groove disks with Yellow Stuff R pads and have no complaints :thumbs:

Last edited: