What's new

Walbro 341 Noisy

Reaction score
Country
Heya,

My walbro has started making a really annoying buzzing sound, which is apparently normal for a 'walbro'.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the sound? Anyone tried sound deadening to block the sound from the cabin?

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
Everyone says this is normal but none of the Walbro's I've ever had were noisy at all. I have heard first hand how loud they can be in other people car's. Maybe I'm just lucky?

Reaction score
Country
Everyone says this is normal but none of the Walbro's I've ever had were noisy at all. I have heard first hand how loud they can be in other people car's. Maybe I'm just lucky?
No, im the same..., saw a similar thread over on sxoc about walbro's being noisy but the one i had in my s14a wasnt

Reaction score
Country
Apparently they are pretty hit and miss.

Though, mine was fine until I moved it recently. Wasn't sure what pump I had and had to go and find out.

Reaction score
Country
Mines noisey too but seems to have gotten louder the last few months, not that i care.. my S15 is fully stripped inside with a Blitz NurSpecR exhaust so i cant even hear it anymore :wack:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I hear mine prime when you turn the ignition on, but that's it. The Nismo ones are very loud in comparison!

Reaction score
Country
I hear mine prime when you turn the ignition on, but that's it. The Nismo ones are very loud in comparison!
Same here all i get is the prime noise, and if you open your boot with the car running on idle you can here a very light noise but nothing to care about

Reaction score
Did you install it with some sort of rubber/sponge insulation aorund the unit and had it tied strap before putting it in the fuel pump housing? That usually helps with the annoying buzz, it really is droning on my GTT as well, even more so when you run direct power via a relay from the battery, sounds as if the pump is well angry.