What's new

Greddy wing mount intercooler

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys, i've just removed the bumper to fit my shiny new Apex fmic.

But what do i find already there...?

A chunky wing mount with Greddy stamped on the underneath. Anyone ever come across one before? And more importantly, is there any need to take it off?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i'd remove the wing mount, fit the fmic and get a good chunk back on sxoc for the greddy item, but thats just me :)

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
as said above ^^^

you will probs get about £150ish or more for it considering I got around £60 for a stock Spec R one :wack:

Reaction score
Country
I am really tempted to replace it with the fmic.

The only thing putting me off is the price of the wmic new. From rhdjapan the same intercooler would cost £570 plus postage, and that's £200 off the RRP. The Apex type 2 RRP is £340 ish. Surely there's a reason for that...?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
yep - it's greddy, it's japan and it'ss hideously overpriced......

the apex is a generic cooler that is based around a greddy kit - it's more capable than that greddy item as it has a bigger surface area exposed to cold air and a larger cooling capacity, plus will slightly shorten your pipe run without too much pressure drop and look far better. if you never intend to upgrade turbo then it doesn't matter what you decide to do, but if you don't know where you're going with the car then the apex is pretty future proof up to 500bhp :)

Reaction score
Country
No they don't specify any power figures, i have however found a 2 year old advert from an australian chap.

It reads:

Trust/greddy R SPL 3 layer SMIC

I bought it in as new condition a few months ago, and have used it for approx 1000km on street and 1 track day. All bolts/clamps/piping/original joiners/instructions included and core in mint condition. 100% direct bolt on with no mod's required what so ever. These are worth quite a bit new, and I believe that they are now discontinued. Trust/GReddy claim it is good for power levels of up to 230-240kw, although realistically it is good for a street car running about 1bar on a standard turbo, or something slightly bigger (I had no probs on a 30deg day at the track running 1bar) - response with this thing on is amazing. Should also fit s13/180 with some slight changes to piping."

Its up on the sxoc for £250, not much interest to be fair lol