What's new

Brembo Conversion - Brake Lines

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys

For those who has converted to Brembo front and rear from GTR, what aftermarket brake lines do you buy for the rear? I've heard the stock s15 lines will work in the front but not sure on the rear

Custom braided lines are hard to get over this side of the world (and prohibitively expensive) so will need to buy off the shelf ones... hence the question

Do I buy the s15 brake lines or GTR brake lines?

Thanks

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
try dan at db-power with your requirements mate, a full set of lines is normally 60 gbp plus whatever shipping is to aus ;)

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I used hoses from Apex Performance :) Front and rear to suit R33 GTR Brembos, worked fine :)

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
I have R33 twinpots on the rear also, the stock lines fit if your remove the little nipple inside the caliper. I was saying though that if the Brembos came with lines that the stock Brembo lines will fit up to the stock S15 hardlines.

Reaction score
no they wont, the twin pots run different sizes than single pot s15. The R33 have banjos aswell, unless GTR R33 are different as I have nissan twin pots from r33 gts on rear not brembo.

dont want to start an argument but I went through all this when coverting my rears to r33 and have physically tried them

Reaction score
Country
That's the reason why i started this thread! but i will update you guys as i'm going through converting to brembos all round

Pretty sure front brembo uses the same lines as stock but rear is the tricky bit but i will find out

Reaction score
all nissan rear pipes fit to your hardlines so just get brake pipes to fit the caliper and your sorted.

Go with the hose that the caliper is designed for to be safe!

Fitting the handbrake mechanism is pretty tough, how are you tackling removing the hubs?

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
Hold on, are you saying the S15 lines won't fit up to R33 calipers or the R33 lines won't fit up to the S15 hardlines?

I have R33 GTS25T 2 pot calipers on my car using the stock S15 banjo lines(I upgraded to stainless but still the stock-type with banjo fittings). But, I had to remove the little fitting that is inside of the R33 caliper so that the bolt would seat all the way in.

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
Ok, glad we got that sorted. That is for the non-brembo R32/R32 GTR/R33/Z32 calipers. As far as what lines to use for the rear Brembo's I can not help. I have Evo IX Brembos on the front and they also use stock Banjo fittings.

According to this the Skyline and 350z Brembos use the non-banjo fitting but as I said my Evo Brembo's use the banjo bolts.
http://splparts.com/store/product-info.php?pid64.html
These are the lines I'm using by the way, great quality. I don't know if it would be cost effective for you however being in the UK.

T

tefu

Hi guys on this topic, would the EVO rear brembos fit S15? or hard hard is it to set them up?

I assume you need the handbrake lines from R33 right??

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys on this topic, would the EVO rear brembos fit S15? or hard hard is it to set them up?

I assume you need the handbrake lines from R33 right??
From what I understand, you'll want to try and hunt down a set of STI rears. I plan to do the conversion and both Evo and STI fronts will work with adapter brackets, conversion lines, and a little bit of work. For the rears, STI work the best. Judging by the mega thread over on Zilvia, you'd be hard pressed to make it work.