What's new

Fitting of manifold and elbow queries

Reaction score
Country
Hi Guys, today i took delivery of an Apex type 2 manifold and turbo elbow. Being a bit of a newbie to this kind of mod i've been told by a friend that i need to also buy braided turbo hoses and gaskets.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can confirm if i do actually need the lines (quite expensive), and where i can find the best&cheapest option for gaskets along with which ones i need.

Ps: also took delivery of an apex type 2 intercooler, if anyone's fitted one before please fire away with any hints or tips to make it easier to fit :)

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
You should have new gaskets with your parts and the braided lines are not expensive £40 each!

You will 100% need them as the solid lines are **** and will crack! My s14 ones cracked brady's one cracked at pod and almost cooked his engine. Think I may have some spare will look tomorrow.

Ps I'm back in Swansea next week and I can fit all your parts no problem.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
James you are a legend, i'll come to you whenever you're free to have a crack at it.
Regarding the hoses and gaskets, please tell me where i should get them and which ones :)

I'm going to attempt the fmic tomorrow, first hurdle is removal of bumper and lights.

God help lol

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Last edited: